EUCLID will be guided by a plan covering the years 2014 to 2016. EUCLID Board (elected in January 2014) developed its strategic and action plan for the next three years as folllows:
- Facilitate research, and publication and dissemination of research results on LIS education and curriculum.
- Facilitate collaboration and networking: Organize events to create opportunities to bring members together to discuss developments, challenges, and solutions regarding LIS education.
- Develop and foster cooperation and collaboration with members, partner institutions and other associations and organizations, such as iSchools, UNESCO, IFLA, EBLIDA, ALISE, national associations, etc.
- Increase number of members: Reaching out both previous members for membership renewals and all the other LIS schools/departments for membership. Also extending the membership to LIS schools outside Europe as well as expanding it to the organizations which support LIS education and research such as libraries and other associations.
- Conduct following activities:
- Organize an International Conference on LIS Education and making it a bi-annual event. First conference will be held in 2017 to commemorate 25 years of EUCLID. Conference proceedings will be published. This publication is intended to be a revision of LIS education in Europe.
- Develop a members’ database.
- Create an e-archive for conference proceedings.
- Increase visibility of EUCLID by:
- Re-designing, improving and updating existing EUCLID website.
- Publishing EUCLID Newsletter twice in a year and distributing it widely.
- Publishing annual reports, Council Meeting minutes and Board Meeting minutes on the website for transparency.
- Having designed a logo for creating institutional identity.
- Continue to support BOBCATSSS in all possible ways.
- Develop effective communication strategies for members.Provide sound and transparent fiscal management.
- Provide sound and transparent fiscal management.